With two kids, it becomes rather difficult to shop or jog or roam around; unless you carry them in a double stroller which, for most parents, is a perfect solution. However, a wrong choice may result in a waste of both time and money. And most importantly, it can put your kids safety at stake.
With so many products around, it is difficult to decide upon the best product for your children, so we have created a great resource to help you in choosing the best double stroller for you and your family. Otherwise, you can quickly compare our top 3 recommended products, right below.
Top 3 Double Stroller Comparison
We have reviewed various double strollers and interviewed many parents, in our quest to find the best double stroller and believe me, every parent came up with different strollers as their requirements were different. There is no double stroller which is 100% perfect, but based on our experience and feedback from various parents like us, here are the suggested top 3 products with a quick comparison:
Top 3 Double Stroller Reviews
Below are our brief reviews of our top 3 best double strollers
BOB Revolution SE Duallie Stroller
The Bob Revolution SE Duallie Stroller is an amazing double stroller which is built for any kind of outdoor activities. If you are taking your kids to the zoo, planning to do some shopping or even going out for jogging, then this stroller is for you.
It comes with newly designed cushioned reclining seats and extra padding at the headrest. A pivoting front wheel makes it easy to steer and suspensions make the ride easy. The frame is made up of aluminium alloy and chromoly, this makes it very light and it’s easy to fold. The fabric is very durable, stain resistant, waterproof and is easy to clean. It comes with multiple choice of colors like black, navy and orange.
This stroller comes with very handy storage options where you can store your wallet, keys, bottles etc. The built-in safety features given in the product are paramount, so that parents can stop worrying. It has peekaboo windows which is fun for kids while travelling.
With loads of amazing features and the ease of use, this makes it the number 1 choice.
Britax B-Agile Double Stroller
The Britax B-Agile 2012 Double Stroller is a great product from Britax, USA. It comes with CLICK & GO system which is compatible with car seats. A simple, elegant and lightweight design makes it super easy to maneuver in narrow passages and crowded areas; it can even fit through standard-sized doors. It has padded supportive seats with multiple reclining options. It also gives a large basket which is very helpful whenever you go out. The adjustable handle bar with foams on grip makes it easy to use. It has all wheels suspension and swivel wheel for ease and comfort. It also folds up very flat and can easily fit in a sedan trunk.
B-Agile comes with BRITAX B-AGILE Double Stroller, car seat receivers, and user guide. It has Limited two years warranty.
The adjustable handle bar, massive storage bucket, comfort and ease of use makes it an awesome product for parents who are frequently engaged in taking out kids for day to day activities.
Schwinn Turismo Swivel Double Jogging Stroller
It comes with a swivel front wheel for ease of use. The lightweight aluminium frame, extra-thick tires and spring suspension makes for a smooth ride. It has cup holders for parents, and a cup and snack holder for children.
The adjustable handle bars and adjustable canopies are really helpful. Its folding structure makes it easy to fit anywhere.
Another useful feature is the built-in mp3 speaker which is really good for your kid’s entertainment.
With its low cost and with loads of features, it is in one of the top positions in our chart and makes it worth a deal.
We have also created a list of some handy accessories which are good to have with strollers. These accessories are helpful for children as well as parents whenever they take their kids outside.
Types of Double Strollers
Double strollers by their very nature are designed, of course, to transport two children at the same time. These types of strollers are a good option for parents with twins or small children who fall under the same age bracket. Double strollers come in two main forms: Tandem and Side by Side. Each type has their advantages as well as their disadvantages. There are also Sit and Stand strollers, also discussed below, which are a specific type of tandem stroller.
1. Side by Side Strollers
The children sit side by side. Many parents like side by side strollers because they feel it is much easier to get their kids in and out of the stroller. Side by sides tend to be lightweight and easy to fold. When folded, side by sides can sometimes be a bit bulkier than tandem strollers. However, many models come with easy pop-off wheels which will make them much more compact so you can still easily fit them in the trunk of your sedan. Many side by side strollers come with larger wheels which makes it easier for traveling on grass or other bumpy surfaces. Also, if you want a jogging stroller a side by side is probably your best bet because you will have many more choices compared to tandem strollers.
2. Tandem Strollers
One child normally sits behind the other. The back seat is usually arranged higher than the front seat allowing the child sitting in the back to have a better view. Because tandem strollers are narrow, it makes it easier for parents to navigate through tight spaces. If you need to use a baby travel system where you will be securing your baby in a car seat and attaching it to the stroller then a tandem stroller is probably your best choice. Some tandem strollers have a variety of seat positions available where the two kids can face each other, face forward, or sit back to back. One disadvantage of tandem strollers is that they are usually harder to turn than a side by side stroller.
3. Sit and Stand Strollers
A Sit and Stand stroller is a special type of tandem stroller. The back seat has a platform where the second child can either stand or sit. These types of strollers are used by parents who have a toddler and another child who is older. The toddler usually sits on the front seat as the older child sits or stands on the back one.
Side by Side vs. Tandem Stroller
How to Choose the Best Double Stroller
With so many options available when it comes to buying double strollers, parents may find it challenging when choosing the best stroller for their children. It is therefore necessary for every parent to have sufficient knowledge on choosing a good double stroller. Here are some important questions you should consider when purchasing a double stroller.
1. Do you want a side by side, tandem, or a sit and stand stroller? This is probably the first decision you should make. It really depends on your needs. How old are your children? Where, and how, will you be using the stroller? Will you use it mainly for shopping in malls where the entryways are wide and spacious with lots of room to maneuver, or will you usually be shopping at smaller stores where the doorways may be narrow?
2. What are the sizes of your kids? Be sure you check for both the minimum and maximum weight recommendation per child for any stroller you are considering. If you have a newborn, especially make sure that the stroller is recommended for newborns. Some strollers have a minimum weight recommendation of 16 ounces, while with others the minimum weight could be 14 pounds or higher. For maximum weight you will want a stroller that your kids can grow into so it will last a while. Another consideration to check for is headroom and legroom. If your kids are tall, will there be adequate room for their head and their feet?
3. How good are the safety features? Sun canopies are important to keep the sun away from your kids when it is too hot. How large are the sun canopies? How far down do they extend? Can the sun canopies be operated individually? Does the stroller have adequate straps to keep your kids safe and secure? Does the stroller have brakes that you can easily operate with one foot or one hand? Is the stroller stable and difficult to overturn?
4. How well does the stroller turn? Is it easy to turn, or is it difficult? Are the wheels strong and sturdy? Does the stroller have shock-resistant tires and a suspension system to insure a smoother ride? Also, how easy is the stroller to push?
5. Are the seats comfortable and well padded? Do the seats recline enough so your little ones can lay flat and nap when they need to? Does each seat recline individually so one child can lay down while the other one may want to sit up? Do the seats have adequate neck and back support for an infant, or for a very young baby that may need that extra support?
6. Is the handlebar adjustable to accommodate different heights? This can be especially important for taller or shorter parents.
7. Do you want a jogging stroller? Parents that are active sports wise or jog a lot should buy a jogging stroller. They have three wheels with air filled tires making them quite convenient for parents who are always on the move.
8. Is the stroller easy to lift? And will it fold easily and fit in your vehicle?
9. Does the stroller have adequate built-in storage space to take the things you need? And what about extras such as a rain and wind cover, a child tray, or a cup holder for the parent. Are these available for the stroller you want?
10. Finally, ask yourself this simple question. Will the stroller I am considering suit my family’s lifestyle?
5 Best Double Stroller Recommendations
As you can see, and as previously mentioned in this article, everyone has their own opinion when it comes to finding the best double stroller in the marketplace. If you would like to check out any of the 5 strollers featured in this video, you can check them out right here. Simply click the “Check on Amazon.com” button for product availability and current pricing on Amazon.
(lbs per child)
|Contours Optima Aluminum Tandem Stroller||Tandem||40||Yes||Check on|
|Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double Stroller||Sit and Stand||40||Yes||Check on|
|Joovy Scooter X2 Double Stroller, Greenie||Side by Side||45||Yes||Check on|
|Baby Jogger City Mini GT Double Stroller, Red||Side by Side|
|BOB Revolution SE Duallie Stroller||Side by Side|
Double strollers can make life easier for any parent. They are also quite cost effective. Parents do not have to buy two strollers for their twins, or two young children. When choosing a stroller it is essential that parents choose the one that is most convenient for them as well as their toddlers.
Before parents decide it’s time to buy a stroller, it would be best for them to try it out if possible. They should practice opening and closing it, compare maneuverability, compare portability and generally just ensure that they can comfortably maneuver with the stroller. However if it is impractical to go to stores and try out various strollers in person, the next best thing to do is to read double stroller reviews from sites like Amazon and see what other people think.